Robert Enright Ph.D.
Dr. Enright, who received his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota, is a licensed psychologist and Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is a founding member of the International Forgiveness Institute, in Madison. He is the author of over 100 publications, including four books: Exploring Forgiveness, Helping Clients Forgive, Forgiveness Is a Choice, and a children’s book, Rising above the Storm Clouds. He has been a leader in the scientific study of forgiveness and its effects since 1985. His work on the subject has appeared in Time, McCall’s, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, and the Los Angeles Times. He has appeared on ABC’s 20/20, NBC’s Nightly News, and many other television and radio shows. Currently, Dr. Enright is working on forgiveness education programs for primary school children in Milwaukee’s central-city and Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Awards and Credentials
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- Wisconsin Student Association Teaching Award
- Vilas Associateship Award
- Dean’s Club Faculty Achievement Award
- Hilldale Award in the Social Studies Division
Recommended Reading List
- The Effects of a Forgiveness Intervention on Patients with Coronary Artery Disease. Waltman, M.A., et al. (in press). Psychology and Health.
- “Validating the Developmental Pathway of Forgiveness.” Knutson, J.A., et al. (2008). Journal of Counseling and Development, 86.
- “Waging Peace through Forgiveness in Belfast, Northern Ireland II: Educational Programs for Mental Health Improvement of Children.” Enright, R.D., et al. (2007). Journal of Research in Education.